The Ugly Truth About Yellow Nails!
Q: How Did I Get Yellow Toenails?
Certain conditions and diseases, but also daily regimen!
Some dark polishes can stain sensitive nails.
Wear a clear base coat under polish. (Like our Enriched BASIC Base Coat
Q: Can Yellow Toenails Mean Toenail Fungus?
Yes! Fungi love warm, moist, dark places such as closed-toed shoes!
- Don’t walk barefoot in wet, public places like a gym or pool area.
- Allow your feet to air out after a bath or shower.
Q:I don’t have fungus OR wear dark polishes, so why are my toenails YELLOW?
Diabetes and poor circulation
- Genetic predisposition
- Dermatological disorders like psoriasis or eczema
Athletic activity like running long distances (toes become vulnerable to trauma)
- Frequently using poor nail polish
- The resin contained in cigarette smoke
WATCH OUT FOR:
Thickening of the nail with a raised appearance
- Brittle and weak nails that start to crumble or flake
- One or more toenails changing color or shape