The Ugly Truth About Yellow Nails!
How Did I Get Yellow Toenails?
CAUSES: Certain conditions and diseases, but also daily regimen!
FOR EXAMPLE: Some dark polishes can stain sensitive nails.
FIX IT: Wear a clear base coat under polish. (Like our Enriched BASIC Base Coat)
BASIC Base Coat >
Can Yellow Toenails Mean Toenail Fungus?
Yes! Fungi love warm, moist, dark places such as closed-toed shoes!
- Don’t walk barefoot in wet, public places like a gym or pool area.
- Allow your feet to air out after a bath or shower.
I don’t have fungus OR wear dark polishes, so why are my toenails YELLOW?
- Diabetes and poor circulation
- Genetic predisposition
- Dermatological disorders like psoriasis or eczema
- Athletic activity like running long distances (toes become vulnerable to trauma)
- Frequently using poor nail polish
- Household chemicals
- The resin contained in cigarette smoke
WATCH OUT FOR:
- Thickening of the nail with a raised appearance
- Brittle and weak nails that start to crumble or flake
- One or more toenails changing color or shape
TAKE THE Dr.'s ADVICE
- Talk to your doctor at the first sign of discoloration.
- Wear clean socks.
- Wear shoes made of breathable materials.
- During treatment, follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Avoid walking barefoot in public areas with wet grounds.
- Avoid contact with anyone with a fungal infection.
- Clean and dry your feet and toes daily.
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Don’t cut your nails too short.
TO COMMENT or REQUEST A TOPIC CLICK HERE | POSTED BY: Dr. Adam Cirlincione